General Maintenance Operative – Site Based
Evotech the maintenance provider for Princesshay and are seeking a site based General Maintenance Operative to join our busy commercial building maintenance team, to undertake planned and reactive maintenance works at Exeter’s premier retail venue located in the heart of the city.
Evotech provides high quality, innovative building maintenance solutions for a wide range of clients across the UK. We operate honestly and sincerely, meeting our clients’ needs in the best way possible, whilst retaining the values and culture of our family business heritage. We concentrate on putting people first – our employees and our customers. We are approachable, helpful and quick to find a solution.
We believe in being transparent and open in everything we do and we are passionate about getting things right first time and delivering real value for money. Everything we do is backed by the quality of our service, creativity of our ideas and the direct approach we take. We have a nationwide team of experienced and qualified static and mobile mechanical and electrical engineers who help deliver our building maintenance services.
You will be part of our client facing on-site maintenance team and will assist in the delivery of PPM and reactive maintenance works, including fault finding, repair and installation of plumbing services, along with more general maintenance work.
The requirements of the role will include the following:
- Undertake daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of the site, keeping up to date and accurate records
- Follow the agreed PPM schedule, working as part of a team supporting engineers to effectively deliver maintenance services safely, on time and within budget
- Assist in responding to emergency requests to ensure our client’s operations are not interrupted as far as practical circumstance will allow
- Provide prompt effective response to emergency situations, reporting faults and taking action to prevent deterioration in environmental conditions
- Be proactive, use your initiative and take ownership of situations
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the H&S requirements
- Work as part of the wider site maintenance team, demonstrating a professional & courteous manner to our client and their customers, assisting with any queries they may have
- Use all appropriate communication channels to keep both client and our company informed of relevant information
- Liaise with specialist sub-contractors and engineers in other disciplines to help minimise any disruption to the running of the building or the people using it
The role is full time, Mon – Sat, working 40 hours per week. Overtime is available from time to time.
Starting salary: £25,000.00 p/a
In return for your expertise and hard work you’ll receive:
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays per year
- Company sick pay scheme
- Life insurance scheme
- Company pension plan
- Training & development opportunities
You will be an excellent communicator who takes pride in your appearance as you will be representing Evotech and interacting with both site management and members of the public.Having previously worked in a similar role, you’ll ideally have experience in building services and you’ll be proactive, self-motivated, work equally well independently and as part of the wider team, and be able to build and maintain relationships across the organisation and with our customers.
The successful applicant would ideally have knowledge of L8 Water Hygiene testing and emergency light testing along with basic plumbing skills. Additional trade skills would also be an advantage.
You will also need a good standard of written English to complete the maintenance documentation required.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of L8 Water Hygiene testing
- Building Fabric skills
- Basic plumbing skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative
- Ability to work from instruction and make decisions as needed with minimal supervision.
- Friendly and approachable nature with great communication skills (including written)
- Great attention to detail with excellent time management skills
If you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you; please send your CV to JOBS@EVOTECH.CO.UK with the subject line Princesshay.
Evotech is an equal opportunities employer.